Food Recipe by Home-Chef Maryam Iqbal
Afghani Chicken Gravy
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
2 tbsp Butter
½ tsp Kasuri Methi
½ cup Heavy whipping Cream/ Table Cream
Coal and Oil (for smokey flavor)
2 lbs./1 whole Chicken
Salt to taste
1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
½ tsp Black Pepper
1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 medium Fried Onion
5-6 Green Chillies
A bunch of Fresh Coriander
1.5 cups Yogurt
1 tbsp Cashew butter/Paste
1) Marinate the chicken for at least half hour with all the ingredients mentioned under Chicken Marinade.
2) Add all the ingredients mentioned under Blended paste into a blender and blend into a fine paste.
3) Melt butter in a cooking vessel and add marinated chicken and cook it until the chicken changes its color.
4) add the blended paste, cream and some water and cover and cook until the gravy thickens and the oil separates.
5) Add crushed Kasuri methi and give it a smokey flavor (demonstrated in the video).
6) Serve hot with Naan or Kaju/Cashew Rice.
Like,Comment,Share of find me on instagram.