Food Recipe by Home-Chef Housewives Diaries
SABUDANA VADA! Sounds different? Its a very famous and traditional dish of Maharashtra, India. Its good for when fasting as its very filling. A Delicious snack time food that just great with tea. Here's the very easy recipe :
1. Sabu Dana (Sago)- 1 cup
2. Potatoes - 3 medium (boiled)
3. Peanuts - ½ cup (roasted & peeled)
4. Green chilies - 8 to 9 (more the better)
5. Curry leaves - a few leaves
6. Salt - to taste
7. Cumin powder - 1 tsp
1. First wash sabudana and soak for 10hrs or overnight before preparation. ( just add little water for soaking it as later there shouldn't be any water left)
2. In a bowl, mash the boiled potatoes.
3. Grind roasted peanuts, green chilies, and curry leaves.
4. After grinding, remove the paste and add to the potatoes. Then add soaked sabu dana and mix everything well. (Sabudana should be very well drained before mixing it in, it shouldn't be watery at all)
5. Add salt and cumin powder as per taste and adjust accordingly.
6. Keep in fridge for a while. Then make small vadas of it. Take a spoon of the mixture and pat with palms to shape it. Don't make it too thin! Drop in heated oil and fry till it turns lightly brown. (Turn it only when you see a little brown color.)
And you're done! Serve with ketchup or coconut chutney on side! Guarantee too be Delicious!
Like,Comment,Share of find me on Instagram.