Recipe Post By Housewives diaries
Today We bring to you "Yakhni Pulao" served with hot tomato soup. The mutton is cooked with masala, stirred in with seasoned rice and topped off with mutton stock.
Cooking Mutton dishes is often difficult. However if done right, they are just full of flavor and always a delight.
Lets get onto the recipe.
PREPARING GOSHT/MUTTON INGREDIENTS:
• Mutton-1 KG
• Onion- 2 (chopped roughly)
• Tomato -2 (chopped roughly)
• Green Chilli -6
• Ginger paste-1 ½tbsp
• Green Chilli paste-1 tbsp
• Black pepper corns- 9 to 10
• Cinnamon stick- 2 to 3
• Cloves-6 to 7
• Cumin seeds -1 tbsp
• Curry leaves -handful
• Salt - as per taste
1. In a pressure cooker, Add Gosht/mutton/meat and all the above ingredients. Then add enough water and cover the lid tightly.
2. Wait for at least 5 to 6 whistle and then close the stove. Let the cooker cool as the mutton cooks in the heat. Do not over-cook it.
3. Now, once the mutton is done, allow the cooker to release the pressure on its own.
4. Gently, separate the mutton pieces and the Yakhni stock.
PREPARING RICE INGREDIENTS :
• Rice -800 g
• Oil and ghee- 2 -2 tbsp
• Onion -2 chopped in thin slices
• Cumin seeds-2 tbsp
• Bay leaves-2
• Green cardamom-4/5
• Star anise-2
• Salt to-taste
• Mutton stock-3 to 4 cups
1. Clean and soak the rice for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat the oil and ghee in a heavy-bottomed vessel. Add onions to it and fry till they turn golden-brown in color.
3. Add the whole spices, garam masala,bay leaves, curry leaves, and mix well.
4. Then add the cooked mutton and rice in it.
5. Sprinkle salt over it and continue to stir.
6. Add the mutton stock and warm cup of water and mix well.
7. Cover it with a heavy lid to prevent the steam from escaping. Cook on low heat for about 15-20 minutes.
Serve hot with Tomato Soup.
Have you ever made Yakhni Pulao?
Do try it at home and Let us know how you liked it.
Check our Instagram page @housewives_diaries